Monday, February 6, 2017

A Year of Stitches 2017

I am also participating in the "A Year of Stitches 2017".  I have been posting my photographs of each week's progress on Instagram but thought I would show you now and then what I am doing.  I am using Ironbark Arts(Ali George and I) Handdyed and patterned fabric in turquoise with a light harem cloth behind.  I decided I wanted mine to be a Stitch Library and so I started with whipped running stitch in Week 1 followed by Arrow Stitch and Feather Stitch (Week 3) and Blanket Stitch (Week 4).



For Week 5 (days 29 to 35) I have done crossed chain stitch see below:


I am finding this fun and just do a row a night which fits in for me.  I have been doing a University Textile Assignment and am a little behind on my Weekly Art Challenge so blog post coming shortly.

take care
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment