Monday, November 23, 2015

Knitting and Stitching Show part 2

Further highlights from the Knitting and Stitching Show.  I loved listening to the Lecture by Jean Littlejohn and Jan Beaney and was lucky to see them later and they showed me through their beautiful samples and some new pieces. They have a lovely new book "Memory Cloths" which of course I bought!!

I was really keen to see the New Zealand Exhibition "Art Textiles from Aotearoa 2015.  I spoke with the curator Alysn Midgelow-Marsden which was a treat because I have followed her work for a long time.  Some pieces from the Exhibition which caught my eye are shown below.



Marine Parade by Katherine Bertram from Wellington




 Karaka Bay by Katherine Bertram of Wellington - I just loved her pieces




Stitched Birds piece also by Katherine Bertram




On the Cross by Alysn Midgelow-Marsden.  I liked the collage and stitching on this piece.


On the Fly also by Alysn.

cheers Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment